It’s “Switch Week” this week, which is another way of saying NO CAMP!
Simply put, rest is as important as working out – it gives your body a chance to recover while also giving you the opportunity to keep moving and stretching.
Here at Adventure Boot Camp HQ, we recommend that you indulge in a little LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) to keep active while also giving your muscles a break before the beginning of boot camp next week!
And, as always, we have a few ideas on some LISS things you can do:
- Weekend Hike – there are so many fantastic hiking trails all around the country, why not give one of them a try? We guarantee that they will be as good for your stress levels as they will be for your body! Pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it!
- Walking the dog, or just a fast-paced walk – never underestimate the power of a good walk, especially when you have one of your fur-babies with you! Pick up the pace, remember to wear sunscreen and pack a bottle of water, and get a brisk 5km walk under your belt!
- Bicycle ride with the kids – kill to birds with one stone and take the kids with you on a bicycle ride! Not only will you feel amazing afterwards, but you will also be getting them off the couch and away from their screens for a bit!
- Get into your yoga flow – many yoga studios offer a 5 or 10-day trial, the perfect opportunity to try a number of different yoga styles, de-stress and stre-e-e-e-e-t-c-h that body!
- Google a stretching routine – Aunty Google is an amazing resource if you want to do something at home or while watching your favourite series. Get on the floor, add in a few squats, planks and push-ups, and feel 100% guilt-free!
- Go for a swim – swimming is a spectacular low impact form of exercise that works the whole body. Plus, there’s something restful about being in water – even if you’re exercising. So grab those goggles and head to your nearest heated pool!
- Dance – we were intrigued to find a number of slightly “out there” dance classes and now want to try them all! For example, a local company offers line dancing, Texas-style. Now that’s a fun way to get your steps in while also having an absolute blast with your friends!
At the end of the day, it’s all about moving that body while also giving yourself permission to rest. It’s all about BALANCE! We look forward to seeing you at Camp on Monday – click here to sign up, if you haven’t already!