This is the week when reality tends to set in – 2018 is truly over and the routines of 2019 begin in earnest.
And if I’m very honest – I was feeling a little bleak about getting back into the swing of things until my husband had a quiet word with me in the kitchen.
“Why are you putting so much pressure on yourself?” he asked in confusion. “It’s like this every New Year – we decide that we have to be fully rested and totally motivated about the year ahead. We make long lists of resolutions and goals – not to mention seeing all the ‘New Year New Me” stuff on social media.”
“Why don’t you try something a bit different? Just focus on doing ONE thing that get’s you closer to where you want to be at the end of the year,” he continued. “ONE thing each day adds up to 365 things by the end of the year.”
I love that. So here’s what I am going to do!
- I’m going against the grain by NOT making a detailed list of rules and regulations for the year ahead!
- Instead, I’m choosing ONE element that will filter through to all my areas of life.
- You guessed it – EXERCISE!
- When I consistently exercise, it filters down to so many other areas of my life that benefit as a result. I make better eating choices = I lose weight without overthinking it. I feel more confident about myself, I dress better and take pride in my appearance, and I drink more water.
- The other benefit is that I am so much happier and less stressed, which means that I am a much nicer person to be around!
The ripple effects are truly astounding – just from changing ONE THING.
So what are YOU going to be focusing on in 2019? If, like me, you’re choosing to prioritise one hour of your day to exercise, then you’re in for a fantastic year.
Make sure you don’t slip into old habits or buy into your old excuses that have tripped you up in the past.
Don’t overthink it – just SIGN UP and SHOW UP.
That’s all you have to do.
I’ll be doing it with you – every step of the way!