Let’s be real – sometimes we give healthy food a really bad rep.
We’ve trained ourselves to think that “naughty” food tastes the best, and that “healthy” food is a poor substitute when we’re craving something delicious.
But in ACTUAL fact, we should be thinking about nutrition. Apples may be healthy, but if that’s all you eat for weeks on end, you’re going to end up with health issues. It’s about giving our bodies the right FUEL to keep us feeling vital, energised and operating at our peak throughout the day.
Not to mention warding off those winter germs and more serious illnesses.
Need some inspiration? Here are FIVE tips and FIVE delicious recipes that will jump-start your nutrition this week!
FIVE QUICK TIPS TO IMPLEMENT TODAY:
- Double your doses of Vitamin A & C: These are vital nutrients that help to keep our immune systems functioning at their peak.
- Don’t forget to drink water: Tea, coffee and other warming drinks should not replace your water consumption for the day. Check your urine output – if it’s dark – you’re dehydrated and need to additional water!
- Take an Omega 3 supplement: Or include healthy Omega 3s in your diet by including fish and nuts. This is especially helpful if you suffer from joint pain!
- Eat eggs, milk and cheese in moderation: These are a great source of Vitamin B12 and work to eliminate tiredness and fatigue. Not to mention the added bonus of increased calcium to help prevent osteoporosis.
- Stock up on all the right kinds of snacks: And keep them HANDY. Health food stores and pharmacies have some delicious snacks that feel indulgent while also providing wonderful nutrition. Stock up one snacks that you will enjoy, and you will be less likely to rummage through the pantry looking for a sugar fix!
FIVE DELICIOUS RECIPES TO TRY THIS WEEK
We’re loving these recipes here at Adventure Boot Camp HO – give them a try or use them as inspiration this week:
- Coconut Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple Chilli Sauce – we love this quick and easy dinner recipe that is an easy crowd pleaser. Not to mention the flu-fighting ingredients that are an added bonus!
- Pistachio, Apricot and Dark Chocolate Energy Bars – these are so easy to make, taste completely decadent, and are vegan too! Whip up a batch for pre-workout sessions, lunch boxes or dessert – they are magnificent!
- Beef Pad Thai – idea for cold winter evenings when you need to whip up a quick meal, this bowl is jampacked with additional veggies!
- Raspberry Peach Mango Smoothie Bowl – so many of us are lacking in fibre, so use this basic recipe as your inspiration, but substitute seasonal fruits where necessary.
- Zucchini Chickpea Veggie Burgers with Tahini Ranch Sauce – meat-free Mondays just became a whole lot easier with these moreish burgers (or wraps). The sauce is so amazing that you’ll be making it again and again!
At the end of the day, food doesn’t have to be bland, nor does it have to become yet ANOTHER thing on your To Do list. Aim to swap out ONE meal a week and see the difference it makes – to your taste buds AND to your health!